Look at my petit Eli in his french outfit! I love this hand knitted Beret by Kate's mum. It makes him look artistic! the rest of his out fit are hand me downs! and we were given a Sophie la girafe by Angie and Jim- Sophie is very tactile, and chewy, and it says on the box was born in 1961. It's made from natural rubber -which smells really nice, and has a squeaky thing inside, so a perfect chewing toy for babe (not dog!) Eli is a little young for his, but I think once he starts teething he'll love chewing on her.
Sophies key features taken from her website!http://sophielagirafe.co.uk
• Made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea tree
• Natural Rubber is soft, safe & non-toxic for baby to teethe & chew.
• Lightweight & easy to grasp for tiny hands.
• Painted with non-toxic, food-grade paints.
• Stimulating to baby’s senses with her soft colours & gentle squeak.
• Bumpy head helps soothe sore, teething gums.
• Sophie makes an amusing squeak when squeezed - such fun for a baby!
• Slender, flexible & soft - babies love manipulating & teething Sophie.
• Sophie the Giraffe is Phthalate-Free with No Vinyl (no-PVC)!
• Born in France in 1961, Sophie the Giraffe is a classic!
• 18cm tall
• Suitable from birth +
Tuesday, 19 February 2013
Thursday, 14 February 2013
Eli got his first valentines card today, it was addressed to him personally, I think the first piece of mail he has ever got!
and I think I know who it's from....
The lovely Erin McIntyre (also our Studio manager at work) she does brilliant line drawings, and undertakes commissions! http://erinmcintyre.blogspot.co.uk
Sunday, 3 February 2013
Eli's changing area is a changing mat on top of a chest of drawers at the moment. We don't have much space, but it's all you really need when they are really little. (will have to change this arrangement when he stars to move around!) But I wanted to make it more interesting for him, and he is starting to look around now and take notice. You can see his eyes open wide and try to focus on things.
Babies only see strong contrasts, so I think these bold tea towels are really interesting for him to look at... and I love having them on the wall too!
they are from Norwegian designers Darling Clementine. The 3D paper mobile is great too, it's bold and graphic and Eli seems to love looking at it. It's from Artechnica http://www.artecnicainc.com
the have some new designs below on their site.see below:
Wipe-able changing mat in blue whale design www.mamasandpapas.com which is in their sale now.