Tuesday 15 January 2013

New year new life


So since I last wrote on my kids things blog a lot has happened. Mr Eli Almond is in the world. He's 6 weeks old today, which is a strange feeling. Where did those 6 weeks go? He was born after a bit of a long and difficult birth, and is now settling into to his life on the outside! 
Becoming a mum is an incredible journey, no matter how much people tell you, nothing can really prepare you for how you feel after having a little human being that is completely dependant on you for everything! I'm getting more and more confident with him by the week, but I did think to myself, how would I ever be able to leave the house again! 
I now spend hours gazing at him with a smile on my face wondering what he will look like when he's a bit older, what will his personality be like? and enjoying every precious minute with him!
Through this blog I hope to share with you things I do, and see,  and find, and creative things for creative kids ( I do hope he will be be creative after all he has two parents that are designers) and now I'm wondering how little Mr Eli will change me! 
so happy happy new year everyone, here's to an exiting and growing 2013!

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations, what a joy, so happy for you! I loved the day I became a mum, it is a hard, thrilling, joyous, wonderful and incredible journey.
    Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I hope he's not screaming like that every minute of the day (like he's doing in het picture ;)) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for you comments xxx Dawn and Mars. it is wonderful even when he screams! although can be a bit stressful when he screams. he's got a good set of lungs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Donna! Look at Eli! Congratulations to you. Being a parent is the most fantastic, challenging, exhausting, rewarding thing. That little person will teach you things about yourself you never knew... in a GOOD way! I'm so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what lovely wonderful news Donna - many congratulations. I too had a very unpleasant birth, but its true what they say about it soon being forgotten! Enjoy every moment.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh fantastic news - huge congratulations to you all. I love his name too - looking forward to more pictures and tales of your adventures in motherhood (which is the best thing ever!) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What a gorgeous little bundle. The newborn days are such a blur, when they are happening it feels like forever and then looking back they go so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaah what a sweetie! Congratulations and well done - it's not easy bringing little people into the world is it?! Well worth all that hard work though. Parenthood is a rollercoaster but you never want to get off...what a great start to the year. Happy 2013! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. big congratulations to you and your new family, wishing you tons of health and happiness. my boy was 1 last week it goes soooo quick, enjoy every second with your lovely little man (yes even the tired, snotty, sicky, screamy times)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Donna and the best to your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge congratulations!!! Wonderful new xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my Oh my!
    What a gorgeous image...how amazing must you be feeling?
    Treasure every moment....it flies by so fast....mine is now 11 years old but I remember those scary first few months, as you gather yourself back together.
    bestest to you and yours!
    Daisy.
    PS. that blanket is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eli Almond, a little treasure to behold.

    I am approaching the (long and difficult) birth of my 3rd baby in the coming months and I STILL feel entirely unprepared!!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a lovely picture--your (shared) creation tucked up under one of your designs. it will be delightful fun to see how Eli's existence influences your work in months and years to come. in the meantime, mavel tov!

    ReplyDelete